Spoiled boxes has been nominated to receive the Liebster Award! Thank you so much Charming Cheshire! Be sure to check her out here: The Charming Cheshire
The Liebster Award is a cute honor given to up and coming fun blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way get their name out there and share some awesome blogs that you may have stumbled upon. Here is what it entails:
- Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
- Each blogger answers the questions the tagger has set for you
- Then you pick 11 new winners of the Liebster Award and link to them in your post
- Pick 11 new questions to ask the new chosen winners
- Go to the new blog winner's pages and tell them about their award
- No tag-backs
How fun! Alrighty, here are 11 random facts about myself:
1. I have a history of being intimidated by eyeshadow.
2. I recently sort of worked out how to use eyeshadow in such a way that I think it looks flattering without being overdone. (Go me!)
3. I change my nail polish, on average, every other day (though I am tempted to change it daily).
4. I only seem to resist changing polish colors so quickly when I did some fancy nail art design or have each nail a different color. I was first inspired to do paint every nail a different color when I saw a small child do it.
5. The dog in my profile pic is my actual dog sitting on my couch. I took a quick, blurry cell phone pic of him and now it is my "official photo."
6. Even though I enjoy playing with makeup, I almost never feel like I need it, and frequently go out without any on. This is sort of weird when you realize how much I have.
7. Until last year, I did not own a makeup brush set. This now boggles my mind.
8. I love painting nails so much that I have offered to paint my boyfriend's nails more than once. I did so even though he is a.) very much a guy, and b.) there is NO way he would ever let me do it.
9. I started working from home a lot in the last year and so I can tell you the average time each delivery person comes to my home within a 15 minute window. The postal carrier is my favorite and comes typically at 11:08 a.m., and if she is sick, her backup will arrive at 12:30 p.m. I find this knowledge of their schedules somewhat embarrassing.
10. Even though I enjoy painting my nails and playing with makeup, I have a tremor which makes doing so sort of difficult. I won't do a lot of things because of this issue, but I am motivated to find workarounds for my nails and makeup :-)
11. As much of a girly girl as I can be, I hate going to the beauty salon. I have very little patience for sitting in the chair.
And here are the questions posed to me from The Charming Cheshire (and my answers)
1) Are you a polish lover, or a makeup lover? (Only pick one!)
Ouch! Okay...polish. But that is SUCH and unfair question.
2) What is the one beauty product you cannot live without?
Blush. It does more to brighten my face and make me look healthy than any other. I was on the fence between Mascara and Blush, but Blush sucker-punched Mascara for the win.
3) Name your signature drink
The Scarlett O'Hara. Southern comfort and cranberry juice.
4) What beauty trend (in the past year) do you think was totally ridiculous?
Nude nail polish for the purpose of making your fingers appear longer. Just so weird.
5) What would you say your beauty style is closest to? Classic, Trendy, Edgy or Boho?
6) Best moment in your life? (Other than receiving the Liebster Award obviously!)
7) Most surprisingly awesome beauty product you've ever tried?
There have been quite a few. Hmm..Luxurious Ayurveda Oil from Forest Essentials I think was the biggest surprise. It makes my skin SO soft and keeps it that way. And I LOVE the smell!
8) What song would you say is the theme song of your life?
Hehe..."Hello World" (the theme from the Saddle Club.)
9) What movie would you love to just step into and why?
Gone with the Wind when they were having the barbeque at Twelve Oaks. Everything was so pretty. And I could have overheard the chatter taking place in the library.
10) If you had $500 to spend on beauty products, what would you get?
Yeesh. Probably one of those airbrush kits to see how they work and maybe some more beauty subs or ingredients to make some facial masks.
11) What awesome beauty product do you wish you could invent?
An airbrush kit where you select the look you want from the screen and it does it for you :-)
I am pleased to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
The Charming Chesire
Confessions of a Cosmeholic
Everyone loves a treasure
Lazy Girl Beauty
Olive and Hazel
Ramblings of a suburban mom
Tearfallzbreak Blog and Vlog
And here are my 11 Questions for the nominees (feel free to post your answers in the comments as well):
1. What beauty skill was hardest for you to master and how did you finally defeat it?
2. What is the best hair care product you have discovered in the last year?
3. What is the skin care product you have discovered in the last year?
4. What is the eye makeup product you have discovered in the last year?
5. What is the lip product you have discovered in the last year?
6. Have you tried any beauty balms or CC creams, and if so, are there any you would recommend?
7. What is the one beauty skill you just cannot seem to figure out that you wish you could?
8. What are the top 5 go to items you use everyday?
9. What are the three most disappointing products you have used this year?
10. What is the most expensive beauty product you have ever purchased and was it worth it?
11. Do you use foundation regularly, if so, how often and what brand is your favorite?