Sunday, February 2, 2014

How to get your Beauty Blender REALLY clean and stain free!

Image Credit: Beauty Blender

Keeping my makeup brushes and tools REALLY clean is apparently REALLY important to me ;-)  I wash the brushes I have used during the week usually at the end of every week. Often, I pair this with a post-wash manicure or face mask while I clean so the process feels pampering.

Because of all I heard about the issues people had with staining and cleaning the Beauty Blender, I was really late to try it. I did not love the idea of using something that I could not be sure I could keep really clean. The idea just seemed gross. And they are much too costly to be considered readily disposable.

So I did quite a lot of hunting for solutions and...I FOUND ONE! Now to be clear, this is not in ANY WAY my innovation, but I tested it and found that it made my Beauty Blender stain free and looking like new. In fact, I doubt anyone could tell the difference between it and a new one. Seriously.

Enough beating around the bush, I only have one alteration from Ann's advice on Amazon
which is that I still rinse mine off before I let it dry completely to clean it. Other than that I did precisely as she said.

I figured out how to get the beauty blender completely clean! I've been doing this for about a month now, and it consistently cleans the blender perfectly. Instead of washing after use, I let it dry dirty and wash right before use. Put the cleaner on the sponge while it's dry, and rub it in with your hands. Then, under warm water, just splash a tiny bit of water on it, and work it in. Then, get it real nice and soaked and get all the soap out and all the color should come out and your sponge will look like new again!

SO many people have this problem with the Beauty Blender that I really wanted to share this because it really does work. Many, MANY thanks to Ann for sharing this!

Feel free to sign up for the Name a Star Giveaway here!


And please follow Spoiled Boxes because it would make me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment