Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Balm: Snapshot Review of the Brand and Enabler Alert: They will be on Hautelook on Thursday 8/1 at 8am Pacific

Photo Credit: Hautelook
Photo Credit: Hautelook

The Balm will be on Hautelook on Thursday at 8am Pacific Time.  They are frequently featured on Hautelook, which I am grateful for, but seriously they are killing me having Urban Decay AND theBalm in the same week!  Because I own a fair amount from the brand, I thought I would take this opportunity to provide some quick snapshot impressions of what I think of the items I own from the brand.

Eyeshadow Palettes:

Photo Credit: The Balm


Nude Tude- This is my favorite of the three of their palettes that I own.  I think all of the Balm's palettes are fun (I am not just referring to the packaging, though that is cute too), versatile, and well thought out. The Nude Tude Palette is a perfect example of these characteristics. I also just really like the Balm's eyeshadow texture in general, it is quite buttery.  Also, I think the Balm's palettes are a really good value for the price range you can usually get them for. (Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes.)



Meet Matt(e)- Not a thrill ride, but definitely useful. It is sort of a workhorse palette.  It is also palm sized, which makes it easy to store, and possibly to travel with. Don't get me wrong, I like this palette, and the shades are quite flattering, it just does not excite me. (Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, if they did not have enough matte shades in their collection.)

Photo Credit: The Balm


The Balm Jovi Palette- This palette is really quite versatile and definitely fun. You can get a whole range of looks from it.  Also, it lets you sample their highlighter and blush if you have not had the opportunity.  The lip products are just fine, but nothing to write home about. I do like that you could almost do a full face only using this palette. (Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes.)

Blush:



Instain Blushes: I LOVE these!  I own Toile, Lace, and Houndstooth.  The staying power is awesome plus you can easily dial the color up or down as you please. (Would I recommend them to a friend? Yes, especially Toile and Lace.)

Photo Credit: The Balm
Non-Instain Blushes: People really like these, especially Hot Mama, and I like them, but I do not lose my mind over them. Maybe I have just had really good blush experiences. (Would I recommend them to a friend? Yes.)

Highlighter:

Photo Credit: The Balm


MaryLouManizer: This highlighter has a following and it certainly is pretty I really find it to be too shiny for myself.  I still use it, but really carefully, otherwise it can "highlight" things I was not eager to highlight (i.e. pores) and make me look weirdly shiny instead of glowy. (Would I recommend it to a friend? No.)

Eyelid Primer:

Photo Credit: The Balm


Put a Lid on it:  I like the texture and it does it's job. But um, it is a primer, and I do not get that excited over primers. (Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, but not over anything else in particular.)

And please follow Spoiled Boxes because it would make me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment