Thursday, December 19, 2013

Quick Tips for the Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aafc_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-UrbanDecay-Site/Sites/default/v1385292666395/images/home/main/M1_Naked3Launch_112113.jpg
Photo Credit: Urban Decay
I recently bought the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, and have been working with it almost daily trying to get acquainted with its shadows, how they work together, etc.

Okay, that sounded terribly serious, so I will translate the blogger-speak above for you-I have been playing with it! Ha!

Anyways, I thought I would share a couple of quick tips for it.  First, even if you tap off your brushes, there is going to be some fallout. Since the Naked 3 is so pinky toned, if you do not address the fallout issue, it can look like you are having an allergic reaction :-)

So if you are a foundation first girl, apply plenty of translucent powder under your eyes before you apply eyeshadow, and dust it off with a fan or powder brush when you are done.  If you are an eyeshadow first girl, then keep your makeup remover handy and clean off that area before you start applying a foundation or other face products.  If you have some stubborn micro glitter, then gently apply some scotch tape, and it should lift right off.

Also, for the darker shades of the palette, such as Blackheart, I have been using a pencil brush for precise application. Now of course, depending what you are trying to do, a pencil brush may not be your first choice, but for the looks I tend to go for, I am looking to apply those dark shades verrrrry carefully.

Next, I have found two liners that I think complement the Naked3 really well.  First is, Stila's Smudge Stick Eyeliner in Ladyfish, which Stila describes as a "golden pewter shimmer." I just found is no longer available unless you pick up their Luxe Palette.  I find this fun fact pretty irritating and almost skipped telling you guys about the color, but then I thought if you happen to have the Luxe Palette, you may want the heads up on this.
Luxe Eye Shadow Palette
Photo Credit: Stila

The second is Starlooks eye pencil in Metallic Taupe which IS available on their site for $12.  The photo below does not come close to doing it justice. The subtle metallic sheen really makes this liner special, and steps up a neutral look.


Eye Pencil
Photo Credit: Starlooks
Anyways, I hope you guys found those tips to be at least somewhat helpful :-)  If you have any tips or tricks or thoughts on the Naked 3, please let me know.

*Don't forget to use your Ebates for cash back at Ulta and Sephora (and other retailers for that matter), especially since the palette is excluded from coupons! If you do not already have Ebates, get it here!

Enter the Nicest Nice List Giveaway here! Enter the Piczzle Giveaway here! And enter the Noxicare Giveaway here! WooHoo!

WIn a Starlooks palette!
And please follow Spoiled Boxes because it would make me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment