Monday, January 13, 2014

Wantable Intimates December 2013 Review


Wantable is a subscription box service in that it offers multiple types of subscriptions (cosmetics, accessories, and intimates) for $36 a month, or $40 for a one-time purchase. It allows for a higher level of individual customization since subscribers take surveys detailing their specific preferences. They also let you skip as needed and return the whole box if it is not a match.



The survey for the box was pretty easy. I changed up some of my answers from the last time I got the Intimates box

Wantable impressed me once again with super fast processing and shipping!  I love that about them!

So...what did I get and how did they do? 


PACT Camisole in Lake Blue. Retail Value $28- Hit or Miss? Miss. It is not that cute or flattering in person.


Bella & Canvas Janet 2x1 Sheer Racerback Tank in Berry Retail Value $20- Hit or Miss? This one is tough because Wantable sent me the exact same top back in October.  I liked it in October, but I do not need two. When I contacted Wantable about it, they said that I received the duplicate because I am not an active subscriber, and just received the box as a one off for review. They said that, "An active subscriber (because we know the person's item history) would never receive the same item twice."




Steve Madden Sleepy Shorts Print Mania in Blue Retail Value $30- Hit or Miss? Meh. I guess more of a miss than a hit. I would never pay $30 for these and though they were cute, they were not cute enough to take up that much of the value of the box for me.

Q-T Intimates Boyshort in Animal Print Retail Value $10- Hit or Miss? Hit!I thought these were cute and sort of fun :-)

Bottom Line: This box was a miss for me.  I was really pretty disappointed and had I not received it free of charge for the purposes of review, I would have returned it.  I was really pleased with the selections and value of the October Intimates box I received, but this one just did not impress me.  I know that some people received slipper socks in their boxes and seemed to really enjoy them, but that was not a category I selected. Now all of that said, if you subscribe to Wantable you can simply return your box, so that at least if you did not like the items, you can try again.

Please share if you subscribe or have tried Wantable, and what your experiences have been like. :-)

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that is frustrating. You know, I am sure the logistics are really complicated, but I did not hear of issues like that cropping up until about 6-7 months ago.

      Delete